We will have a few puppies available to foster this year. Contact us today to join our golden family!
I believe that a dog is a pet and not a baby making machine. Having said that I have developed a foster program for my dogs.
This program enables me to place my breeding dogs in potential forever homes during the first 5-7 years of their lives.
My foster program is designed to maximize the socialization of my dogs, which in turn imprints on their puppies. I want them all to be raised in a loving home environment.
My dogs’ health, happiness and well being are always number one to me.
Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to fill out an application. However, this is a very selective program. I only allow highly qualified people and families to foster my girls. After filling out and emailing back the application, I will set up a phone interview with you. Then, I will conduct a home visit. As said, I am very strict and selective.
This placement allows my girls to have the best of both worlds. They get to live, play and be socialized with a loving person/family and they get to experience all the joys of motherhood.
Fill out our foster program application here.
There are an over abundance of pro’s to being a foster person/family, but there are also a few con’s as well.
- The person/family incurs very little monetary expense for necessities during the years of fostering.
- When the dog reaches retirement age, I will have the dog spayed and vaccinated. Then, the person/family gets the dog at no buy out cost.
- The person/family receives the priceless love and companionship of a Golden Retriever.
- If at anytime the fostering program is not for you I will gladly take the dog back.
- If for some reason the dog you choose to foster is not for you. I will take her back.
- The dog is ultimately mine!
- The dog will come back to me every time she is in heat. I will then breed her over the next couple of weeks and then she will go back home to you.
- The dog will come back to me two weeks prior to whelping and during lactation. This lasts approximately 6-8 weeks. She will then go back home with you until her next heat.
- When the dog goes back home post lactation she will look different. She will have lost all of her baby weight and then some. In addition, she will blow her coat. So, she will have a lot less hair.